The 16th Dart 18 World Championships
27th December 2014 to 2nd January 2015
Stilbaai Yacht Club, Vaal Dam, South Africa
NOTICE OF RACE
The Regatta is organized by the South African Dart Association (SAIDA) in conjunction with Stilbaai Yacht Club (SYC) under the auspices of South African Sailing (SAS) on behalf of the International Dart 18 Association.
The Regatta will be governed by:
- the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS)
- The Equipment Rules of Sailing (ERS)
- Class Rules to the extent that they are not altered by this Notice of Race or by the Sailing Instructions.
The official language of the Regatta is English
In accordance with ISAF Regulation 20 (Advertising Code), boats shall display the advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority on the first 25% of the hulls of their boat.
3. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
All competitors shall be members of their National Sailing Federation and Dart Association for the year 2014 and shall provide suitable proof thereof at registration.
Any competitors under the age of 18, shall produce a completed parental / guardian consent form at registration. Blank forms can be found on the SAIDA website.
Fully completed entry forms shall be forwarded, either via the online registration on dart18.staging.wpengine.com or by post to:
The Regatta Secretary
SA International Dart Association
P.O. Box 57309,
4. ENTRY FEES
Entry fees for the event in South African Rands (ZAR) are as follows:
- Each Entry shall be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit of R1 000
- Double Handed shall pay an additional R1 000 no later than 30th November 2014**
- Single Handed / Junior*, an additional R500 no later than 30th November 2014**
- Late Entry: R3 000, Single Handed / Junior*: R 2 500 payable before the 1st race
- Any payment made at the regatta shall only be acceptable in cash
* Junior: Both Helm & Crew shall be under 19 on the first day of the regatta
** These additional amounts may be refunded on application, if the competitor is unable to attend
Details of methods of payment of the entry fee can be found on the SAIDA website.
E.F.T. Bank Details:
- Account Name: The South African International Dart Association
- Bank Name: Standard Bank
- Account Type: Current
- Branch Number: 051 001
- Account Number: 020352530
- SWIFT Code: SBZAZAJJ (International Transfers)
- Quote Reference: Sail number
An incomplete entry form or one without the relevant payment will not be accepted.
5. FORMAT OF RACES
A Maximum of 12 races are scheduled.
If more than 100 boats are entered, the fleet may be split into two separate fleets.
- Saturday 27th December
- 9h00 – 17:00: Registration. Measurement of equipment will be carried out in accordance with the rules of the International Dart 18 Association and the Equipment Rules of Sailing.
- 15h00: Practice race
- Sunday 28th December, Warning Signal not before 07h00
- Monday 29th December, Warning Signal not before 07h00
- Tuesday 30th December, Warning Signal not before 07h00
- Wednesday 31st December, Warning Signal not before 07h00
- Thursday 1st January, Reserve Day
- Friday 2nd January, Warning Signal not before 07h00
- No Warning Signal will be made after 14h00 on 2nd January 2015
7. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
The sailing instructions will be available at registration on completion of the registration formalities.
Races will be sailed on the Vaal Dam in the vicinity of the Stilbaai Yacht Club.
Competitors shall park their boat and trailer in the dedicated areas. Access to the Dart boat park will be open from 16th December 2014 onwards and closed after 4th January 2015.
9. PENALTY SYSTEM
RRS 44.1 is amended so that the two-turn penalty is replaced by a one-turn penalty – including one tack and one gybe.
For breaches of rules other than part 2, RRS 28 and 31, the penalty will be decided by the International Jury.
Decisions of the International Jury will be final as provided in RRS 70.5.
The Low Point System of Appendix A will apply.
4 races are required to be completed to constitute the championship.
When fewer than 5 races have been completed, a boat’s score will be the the total of her race scores.
When from 5 to 8 races have been completed, a boat’s score will be the the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
When 9 or more races have been completed, a boat’s score will be the the total of her race scores excluding her two worst score.
11. THE COURSES
The Courses will be in accordance with rule 7 and appendix 2 of the International Dart Association Championship rules.
The Floating World IDA Trophies will be presented.
Other Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the organising committee.
Prizes awarded can only be collected at the prize-giving ceremony.
13. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. Neither the Organising Authority nor its officials or other persons associated with the organisation of the event will accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
14. AUTHORIZATION TO USE NAME AND LIKENESS
By taking part in this regatta, the competitors give the organisers and the event’s sponsors authority to use and show at any time, static or moving photos, films or TV recording made during the championships without any compensation therefore.
15. RADIO COMMUNICATION
Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones.
All boats must be adequately insured, with cover of at least R5million South African Rand against 3rd party claims and shall sign a declaration to that effect on their entry form.
THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE NOTICE OF RACE:
Entrance to SYC and Camping will be free to all involved with the Championships.
For further information regarding the regatta:
Stilbaai Yacht Club (SYC) – Audrey Eliot
Tel / Fax: +27 11 435 7281, Mobile: +27 82 748 5005
For further information regarding accommodation please contact:
Tel / Fax: +27 11 435 7281, Mobile: +27 82 748 5005
Mobile: +27 83 289 2177
17. PRELIMINARY SOCIAL PROGRAM
- Saturday 27th December 19:00: Opening Ceremony and Cocktail Party
- Wednesday 31st December, Time TBA, SYC Opskop New Year’s Eve Party
- Friday January 2nd 19:00: Prize Giving followed by Buffet and Closing Party
Entrance to all these social activities is free for all Entrants. Other social events will be posted on the Notice Board.
To Download the PDF version of this Notice of Race Click Below
Want to Enter the Dart 18 World Championships in South Africa.
Click on the button below