“I have sailed a number of Dart Worlds in many countries and would really like to let people know that the Vaal Dam is probably some of the best sailing in the world.”
– Ben Mienie, Springbok Sailor, 6th at the East London Worlds
For a full break down of how we calculated these numbers please take a look here.
Aggregated Average Wind Velocity over 5 years
Aggregated Minimum Wind Velocity over 5 years
Aggregated Maximum Wind Velocity over 5 years
- Date Range: 2008 to 2012 (5 years historical data)
- Isolated to December only
- Time Stamps of Wind Readings:
- 08:00, 11:00, 14:00, 17:00 So as to get a true reflection of daytime sailing conditions only.
- Number of data points n = 7308
- Daily Wind Average = Average of days 4 data points
- Daily Max. Avg = the days highest data point only
- Daily Min. Avg = the days lowest data point only
- Aggregated Average = Average of all data points within a data set.